Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 8th annual Pig & Whiskey! Volunteers are truly the backbone of any event and your support is greatly appreciated.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A VOLUNTEER
WHAT IS PIG & WHISKEY?
2017 marks EIGHT glorious years of Pig & Whiskey. Year after year, the event gets kicked up a notch. Pig & Whiskey is a FREE ENTRY festival featuring vendors, dozens of live bands from local and national platforms, 15+ unique BBQ restaurants/pop-ups/food trucks, over 50 top notch craft beers, and over 100 different offerings of whiskey, bourbon, and scotch (also vodka, gin, and rum for everyone else).
In 2016 we have over 90,000 festival-goers at Pig & Whiskey and we are expecting even more this year.
HOW CAN OUR GROUP MAKE MONEY?
With over 50 craft beers and over 100 varieties of spirits, we rely on good, quality people to greet and pour beverages for the event-goers. Volunteers are essential to make Pig & Whiskey work. Sure, there are hundreds of volunteers that want to be part of the event, but we opt to work directly with NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS. Not only can a non-profit assemble a reliable group, but we want to make sure that our local events also support the people in our community.
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS pouring at Pig & Whiskey get to spread their message and collect tips from the gracious festival-goers. Your group gets to keep the tips from your weekend of hard work and apply them directly to your cause.
Over the last eight years, Pig & Whiskey has helped volunteer NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS raise TENS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS.
ARE YOU PART OF A FRIENDLY, OUTGOING NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FUN, SOCIAL, UNIQUE WAY TO RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR GROUP?
DO YOU HAVE 2 to 30 INDIVIDUALS IN YOUR NON-PROFIT THAT ARE WILLING TO WORK A SHIFT AT PIG & WHISKEY?
if you answered "yes" to all of the above questions, volunteering at pig & whiskey just might be for you and your organization!
WHAT DO WE WEAR?
- We are huge advocates of NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS wearing attire that promotes their group. We do not force you to wear Pig & Whiskey shirts.
- Comfortable closed toed shoes.
- Pig & Whiskey is in the middle of July, so prepare for 90 degree weather.
- Purses and other valuable items should be stored in a secured area.
CAN WE PROMOTE OUR GROUP?
Please feel free to bring signage to display around the tent to promote your organization. Festival-goers respond well to business cards, pamphlets, buttons, stickers, etc.
- Please respect the sponsors display. The area should still obviously be a WHISKEY/BEER pouring station.
Outgoing groups ALWAYS receive more tips. Let people know what their tips are going to.
- It is best to have a few one-liners prepared for all of your volunteers.
Let people know that their tips are going to support YOUR ORGANIZATION/CAUSE. Please bring tip jars and feel free to decorate those as well (e.g. Thank you for supporting“ORGANIZATION NAME”, etc.). Please be advised to not leave your tip jar too full and to have a designated person periodically taking the money out and putting it in a safe place. When you turn your back, someone can easily snatch a tip jar (intoxication is always a wildcard, though don’t stress much as we’ve never had this scenario arise).
RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
Our volunteers are a key attribute to the festival and to our patrons; you are instrumental in setting the friendly vibe that keeps people coming back. As such, we ask that volunteers maintain a friendly, civil, and welcoming demeanor at all times.
We also ask that all volunteers report for work on time, dressed appropriately, and free of the influence of alcohol or other substances. Here is a complete list of volunteer rules and expectations:
1. Report to your volunteer coordinator at least 20 minutes prior to your shift start.
2. An ability to work well with a variety of other people including Pig & Whiskey staff, other volunteers and festival attendees.
3. Give us your best effort and perform quality work – stay on task.
4. Wear comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and close-toed shoes.
5. Maintain excellent housekeeping, help remove rubbish and leave area clean for the next shift.
6. If you have complaints, issues and/or questions about any volunteer’s actions or decisions, please direct your concern to your Captain and the volunteer coordinator will come and help resolve the situation.
7. If you choose to help as a server for the event, we require that you attend a training class 30 minutes prior to your shift or contact your organizations Volunteer Coordinator to plan alternate training.
8. Volunteers will have the ability to sample the beverages they are serving, however volunteers are required to stay sober during their shift.
Questions? EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org