The DIY Street Fair is juried by the DIY Street Fair artistic team, who reviews applications thoughtfully and carefully. Please know that our space is extremely limited and we are looking for the absolute best representations of the DIY spirit, movement, ethic, practices and aesthetic. Artisans and makers are chosen based on a number of criteria, including the following...
- Your wares are original, inspired and hand crafted by you. It’s the title of our event!
- Your work overall is innovative, cohesive, has a consistent aesthetic and you provide clear examples in your application.
- Your work should have the lowest possible percentage of non-mass produced offerings to be considered. Eco-friendly practices and production materials are a huge plus and consistent with the DIYSF ethic.
- The average price of your items falls within what is typical at the DIY Street Fair, with the majority of prices typically ranging between $1 - $250.
What is not accepted:
- We love vintage! However, items must be changed and remade into something new and unique. For example, a vintage dress is made into a cool bag.
- Beverage items for human consumption on site.
Over the past decade we have showcased countless clever offerings in the following categories:
fine art, contemporary art, folk art, graffiti art, drawing, painting, illustrations, poster art, sculpture, printmaking, photography, crafts, decorative arts, knitting/crochet/macrame, jewelry, pottery, ceramics, original fashion, woodworking, furniture, home goods, metalsmithing, glass work, original leather goods, masks, holiday themed decor, bath AND body, candles, pet supplies, authors, henna, caricature artists, graphic art, mosaics, ADORNMENTS, paper goods, novelties AND SO MANY OTHERS.
We're always excited to add new categories to this list! If you feel that you've got the goods, please apply!
SEPTEMBER 22-24, 2017
Friday Sept 22: 6pm - Midnight
Sat Sept 23: - 11am - Midnight
Sun Sept 24: 11am - 11pm
The DIY Street Fair is located in Ferndale, Michigan. We're on the East Side of Woodward Avenue between East 9 Mile Rd and East Troy Street. Behind Woodward Avenue Brewers and The Emory.
Approximately 75,000 people attend our unique 3-day, free event.
There are approximately 145 artist booths.
APPLICATION FEE: $30
This fee is non-refundable. Please note that your application will not be considered without paid fee.
Booth Sharing: A separate application and app fee is required for each artist/company, even when interested in sharing a booth
$450 Accepted artists with booth fees paid in full by June 30. Add $50 for accepted artists with booth fees paid by July 25.
Included in booth fee is:
- 10' x 10' TENT with sidewalls and front are INCLUDED in booth fee. **Please note that this is a perk unique to DIYSF and it almost unheard of. Most fairs do NOT include a tent and the booth fee gives you a 10x10 slab of concrete. Having a tent provided for you eases the strain of load in, set up, expense and hassle for the artist. We are proud to offer this feature.
- Electricity (see POWER page and FAQ's for details)
- Vehicle loading and unloading at booth space
- VIP lounge access with restroom facilities
- 24 hour security
After acceptance, Artists and Makers will have options to purchase:
- Pick booth location
- Corner booth option
- Extra Exposure marketing packages
DATES AND DEADLINES:
APRIL 10-MAY 31: Applications open
MAY 15-JUNE 1: Acceptance letters and notifications sent
JUNE 30: Payment of booth fee due in full to receive Early Bird rate
JULY 25: Payment of booth fee due in full to receive Regular Rate (add $50)
JULY 31: Deadline to cancel and receive refund (less $50 admin fee)
- SEPT 22-24: The 10th Annual DIY Street Fair!
You've got questions, we've got ANSWERS.
RULES AND STANDARDS:
We often hear from vendors who travel the country that the DIY Street Fair is their favorite event and it's the most well run. We think it's because we care about our vendors. We respect your work and why you are here. We also ask that you respect our rules and standards to help ensure a smooth, enjoyable and successful event. Please read our rules so that you know what is expected BEFORE you apply. CLICK HERE.
JUST A FRACTION OF WHAT OUR ARTISTS HAVE SAID...
"This show has not only been very profitable to my business, but I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you. You have been the ideal promoter in making your information clear and also making yourself available for answers to questions, solving any issues and pointing out the amenities available for your vendors." -Joyce R
"As I sit half dead, feet screaming in my very boring cubical this morning I cannot help but reflect on an absolutely amazing weekend. It was truly an awesome experience as a vendor. I cannot thank you and your entire crew enough for putting on one of the most vendor friendly events we've attended." -Matt
"I had an amazingly awesome experience from the moment I got there to set up! Everything was extremely well organized and managed." -Rachel W
"I just wanted to thank you for putting on this amazing event. It was an absolutely incredible event and I will continue to be a part of it for as long as you will have me. Again thank you so much to everyone involved with the planning and execution of this event I had an awesome weekend!" -Renee A
"Amazing job this year-everything was super organized and well run. Your hard work is much appreciated!" -Jennifer Z
"Thank you for having me! I had a great show and made some amazing contacts this weekend. Load in and load out both went super smoothly for me, I was very happy with the show and hope to be a part of it again next year!" -Mary P
"I really appreciate how well (load in) was planned out and how you didn't have everyone rushing in to set up at once. Brilliant! The pull up to your tent was great and the easy access to our power is fantastic. I have done quite a few other shows and none have been this well thought out." -Lauren C
I WANT IN!
pick me, pick me!
WAIT! Don't forget that your application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED without the application payment.